What We Believe and Do?
The Unitarian and Free Christian community has evolved from an early dissenting Christian belief in the Oneness of God. Therefore, both wherever and however God is found or experienced, that God is essentially the same God: in other words we believe that there is a Unity of the Divine.
Our community today embraces full and unconditional freedom of religious thought. We have no fixed creed or dogma. Personal spiritual growth is encouraged through individual reasoning and conscience.
In addition to the teachings of Jesus, we draw inspiration from those of religious luminaries from other faith traditions concerned with the higher human values of love, forgiveness, forbearance and generosity.
We would like to think that these values are our guide.
We work to create changes for the good: in ourselves and in our communities locally and beyond.
Seven days a week we try to live our faith by doing. We try to make a difference
We do it by:
- Worship & inspiration — Sunday mornings and beyond
- Learning & growth — spiritual and educational programs for all ages
- Action & service — volunteering and work for justice.
- Connection & care — caring outreach, mutual support, and small groups for all ages.
- Celebrations & rites of passage — weddings, blessings, memorials/funerals, baby blessings, coming-of-age, and child dedications.