Our Building

New Meeting House is set well back from the road and approached between lawns flanked by trees, shrubs, and flower borders. It dates from 1782, but was greatly enlarged a century later in 1882 when the striking neo-gothic frontage was added.

The interior also benefited from the 1882 improvement, with the addition of a vestibule entrance, wooden galleries and a chancel. Beautiful stained glass windows, several by Hardmans of Birmingham, depict the life and teaching of Jesus, and rare encaustic tiles from Jackfields of Broseley, Salop adorn the chancel walls.

However, the greatest treasures within the church have to be the 17th c. carved Jacobean pulpit of Richard Baxter (which was once situated in Kidderminster's Parish Church) together with his Complete Works (18th c) bound in four large volumes.

 

 

Go to top
Our website is protected by DMC Firewall!